Monday 13 June 2011

Passion and focus

I am not one to sit and read the newspaper – let alone the sports section – but, the other day I was waiting to start work and my eyes fell on an article in the sports section.   It was an article about Taylor Pattillo and her plans for being on a college softball team.  There was a quote from her that really got my attention.  Speaking of her opportunity to work with the coach of the college team, she said, “Just knowing I’ll be in her presence and having her be able to lead me and guide me into the next chapter in my life is huge.”  Wow.  What a statement.  It is filled with passion and focus, not to mention a desire to allow someone to shape her life and lead her into what she believes is her future. 

As I have been pondering her statement the past few days, I can’t help being amazed at the focus of one who is relatively young combined with the desire to be mentored by one considered to be great in her eyes. 

What if we all lived with that kind of focus in our relationship with Jesus?  “Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? To be out of your sight?” (Ps. 139:7 the Message).   Just living with the knowledge that we are indeed in His presence - at all times– what a shift in focus that brings.  

Do we live our lives with the focus being what can I learn from Him today that will make me into who am to become?  Who better to have lead and guide us that the One who knew us before we even existed?   What a journey that takes us on!

No comments:

Post a Comment