Saturday 25 June 2011

Just when I wonder if I am making progress...

This blog is completely unplanned.  Really. I just sat down and felt the need to write about my experience this morning.  Have you ever felt like a slave? You know - the I "have" to do this, don't have an option, life is all drudgery and no happiness kind of feeling?  I was asked the question, "Do you feel like a slave" today.  It made me laugh out loud.  I most certainly did not feel like a slave - in fact, I felt privileged instead. 

As I pondered the interaction a bit later, (yes, I ponder almost everything just for the simple joy that re-bubbles in my heart), I realized that the reason I didn't feel like a slave was because I "just don't think that way".  WOW! What a realization!  That is huge for me because there was a time in my life, not so long ago, that I did think that way. 

Now the principle that feelings are based on thoughts is not new to me.  God has been teaching me that for years.  What is new to me is the fact that I don't think that way anymore.  God has so completely changed who I am in that area that my thoughts have changed and I hadn't even stopped to realize it.  I had taken it for granted. 

Does that mean my mind is totally renewed? I wish I could say that it was so. Just yesterday I was feeling like I was struggling to keep my head above water.  What is does mean is that yes, God is still working in my life and yes, I am making progress.  What a journey this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment